4. Executive Board and Group Executive Management
The Executive Board is responsible for the operational management of the parent company and, at the same time, for the management of VP Bank Group and is designated as Group Executive Management. Its tasks and competencies are speciﬁed in the OBR as well as in the functional descriptions for the individual members of the Executive Board. The head of the Executive Board (CEO) is responsible for the overall management of the Group and Group-wide coordination.
The Executive Board members generally meet every two weeks for a half-day session. Additional meetings and seminars are held for the purpose of assessing the strategy and corporate developments, as well as for dealing with annual planning, budgeting and other current issues.
4.1 Members of the Executive Board and Group Executive Management
As at 31 December 2016, the Executive Board and Group Executive Management were made up of the following individuals:
Alfred W. Moeckli (born 2 July 1960, Swiss citizen) is Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of VP Bank Group. (Segment reporting)
- Education: Master of Business Administration, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois/USA (1993); Bank employee with Federal Certificate of Competence (1980).
- Professional background: since 2013 Chief Executive Ofﬁcer VP Bank Ltd, Vaduz; 2008–2013 bank zweiplus ag, Zurich; 2010–2013 Chief Executive Ofﬁcer; 2008–2010 Member of the Board of Directors; 2008–2010 Deputy Chief Executive Ofﬁcer and Chief Operating Ofﬁcer Falcon Private Bank Ltd., Zurich; 2004–2010 Founder, Chief Executive Ofﬁcer and Chairman of the Board of Directors Tradejet Ltd., Zurich; 2003–2008 Founder and Chief Executive Ofﬁcer INIVEST AG, Zug; 1999–2002 Chief Executive Ofﬁcer Swissquote Bank, Gland and Schwerzenbach; 1993–1999 Head of Capital Markets Citibank (Switzerland), Zurich and Geneva;1987–1990 Head of Trading Banque Paribas (Suisse) S.A., Geneva; 1984–1987 Head of Trading Banque Gutzwiller, Kurz, Bungener S.A., Geneva; 1982–1984 Senior Sales Yamaichi (Switzerland) Ltd., Zurich and Geneva; 1981–1982 Stock-exchange trader/broker Carr, Sebag & Co. Geneva and London; 1980–1981 Assistant in Private Banking department Credit Suisse, Zurich.
- Other activities and vested interests: Member of the Board of the Liechtenstein Bankers’ Association; Member of the Board of the Financial Services Chapters of the Swiss-American Chamber of Commerce.
Siegbert Näscher (born 25 December 1965, citizen of Liechtenstein) is Chief Financial Officer (CFO) as well as Chief Risk Officer (CRO) of VP Bank Group und Deputy to the Chief Executive Officer. (Segment reporting)
- Education: Executive Programme of the Swiss Banking School (2003); Swiss Certiﬁed Public Accountant (1996); Federal Certiﬁed Accounting and Controlling Expert (1993).
- Professional background: since 1 September 2010 with VP Bank Ltd, Vaduz; since 2013 Chief Financial Ofﬁcer and Deputy to the Chief Executive Ofﬁcer; 2012–2013 Chief Financial Ofﬁcer and Head of the Corporate Center, Chief Executive Ofﬁcer (CEO) ad interim; 2010–2012 Head of Group Finance & Risk; 2012 Chief Financial Ofﬁcer and Head of Corporate Center; 1998–2010 Head of Group Finance & Risk at Liechtensteinische Landesbank AG, Vaduz; 1994–1998 Head of Finance and Controlling at Schoeller Textil AG, Sevelen; 1992–1994 Controller at Maschinenfabrik Rieter AG, Winterthur; 1991–1992 Asst. Head of Finance and Accounting at Schild Mode AG, Lucerne; 1987–1991 Bookkeeping and Audit – Revitrust Treuhand AG, Schaan; 1982–1987 Accounting Bank in Liechtenstein AG, Vaduz.
- Other activities and vested interests: Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Treuhand Personalstiftung, Vaduz; Member of the Board of Trustees of the Privatbank-Personalstiftung, Vaduz; Chairman of the Board of Directors of Data Info Services AG, Vaduz; Chairman of the Foundation Council of Deposit Insurance and Investor Protection Foundation SV; member of Specialist Group on Finances and Taxation of the Liechtenstein Chamber of Industry and Trade.
Martin C. Beinhoff (born 15 January 1970, citizen of Switzerland/Germany) is Chief Operating Officer (COO). (Segment reporting)
- Education: Dealer license on SIX Swiss Exchange, Switzerland (2009); US-Certified Public Accountant (CPA), USA (2007); Financial Risk Manager (FRM), Global Association of Risk Professionals, New Jersey/USA (2005); lic. oec. HSG, University of St. Gallen, Switzerland (1998).
- Professional background: since 1 November 2015 with VP Bank Ltd, Vaduz and from 1 January 2016 onwards, Chief Operating Officer; 2008–2015 Chief Financial Officer, Deputy General Director and member of the Management Saxo Bank (Switzerland) AG, Zollikon; 2003–2008 Director, Head of Financial Services M&A Team KPMG Ltd., Transaction Services, Zurich; 1998–2003 management consultant, member der Financial-Service and IT-Practice Groups, The Boston Consulting Group AG, Frankfurt and Zurich; 1989–1991 reserve officer and lieutenant in the German-French Brigade, Germany.
- Other activities and vested interests: none.
Christoph Mauchle (born 5 May 1961, Swiss citizen) is Head of Client Business of VP Bank Group (Segment reporting).
- Education: Advanced Management Program, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois/USA (2007); Certiﬁed Financial Planner CFP (1999); INSEAD Management Program Business Administration/Mgt., INSEAD, France (1998); MA Economics, HWV, St. Gallen (1986).
- Professional background: since 2013 member of the Group Executive Management and Head of Client Business of VP Bank Ltd, Vaduz; 1992–2013 Credit Suisse, Switzerland; 2008–2012 Head Private Banking Germany, Austria and Luxembourg; 2001–2008 Head Private Banking and Zurich Region; 1998–2001 Head External Asset Managers; 1997–1998 Head Competence Centre Eastern Switzerland; 1995–1997 Sector Head Private Banking St. Gallen; 1992–1995 Sector Head Individual Clients Zurich; 1989–1992 Chief of Staff Private Banking Bank Vontobel, Zurich;1986–1989 Research Analyst & Account Manager, Institutional Sales Brown Brothers Harriman & Co., New York; 1980–1983 Assistant Private Banking, Swiss Bank Corporation/UBS, St. Gallen.
- Other activities and vested interests: none.
4.2 Other activities and vested interests
The other activities of the Executive Board members and any relevant vested interests can be found in the biographies shown in Point 4.1.
4.3 Management contracts
VP Bank has no management contracts with third parties that involve the delegation of management functions.